KE Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm making progress...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm making progress... Empty I'm making progress...

Hey all.
I just like to say that I'm actually making progress.

Next to finishing the animations, I also made every body part a separate sprite now!
This took very long.

I now have:
- Body+legs base (one sprite)
- Front Arm
- Front hand
- Back Arm
- Back hand
- Head
- Body Armor/Suit
- Leg Armor/Suit
- Head Armor/Suit

All these sprites x3 for all 3 base animations Smile
Soon I will make attack animations, which will only have influence on the arms+hands.

I also have to make an easy system for switching your equipment.
So that I only have to change a simple variable.
That comes soon.

Oh, here is a small screenshot of the animations and a armor set I designed.
I designed one more next to this, still have to convert it to the game...

I'm making progress... Scr1ss
Kyon
Admin

https://kecreations.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

I'm making progress... :: Comments

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:00 pm  ExWhyZed

Dude:
1) Sleeves, seriously please... Even if they are just different colours...
2) Clothes are from about 100 years ahead of Dirkels.
3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1400–1500_in_fashion
4) I thought we agreed on realistic jumping Sad

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:51 pm  Kyon

ExWhyZed wrote:1) Sleeves, seriously please... Even if they are just different colours...
I told you this already, they probably come as a separate armour part, which only has like 3 to 4 different pieces?

ExWhyZed wrote:2) Clothes are from about 100 years ahead of Dirkels.
Oh really? I thought I was the creator of the game. But oh well, I guess you are.

Seriously Zed.
I told you like 10 times now, stop the freaking realism.
I mean it, fuck off.

Also, if you want to know, that suit there is for "rich" people.
It's called "Green Rich Clothing" (so you got Green Rich Hat, Green Rich Chest..)

ExWhyZed wrote:3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1400–1500_in_fashion
Ok, you've convinced me now.
I am not gonna do that style xD
That would look so silly =D

ExWhyZed wrote:4) I thought we agreed on realistic jumping Sad
Ah, yes we did, and it is actually, don't worry. What you see there is the max jump height, when you hold up, you jump higher then when you press it once, like in Skipper.
The gravity is normal now.
Hehe, if you see the demo soon you will see that it is "realistic".

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm  ExWhyZed

This image...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Meister_des_Jouvenel_des_Ursins_002_detail.jpg
Shows how the rich would have dressed. Also, why don't you make the arms in grey, so that you can colour them for suits like this, for instance you would make the arms green here. (You did say hands were seperate, right?)

And also, are different people going to have different faces? Because that one there looks like a hardened warrior, not an aristocrat. And finally, are other characters going to have hair, or just Diuky?

!!!!!!!!!!!
I had an awesome idea.
For some non-fighting unique characters, you can just draw the standing image, and run that one only, and it would save so much time!
That was obvious, wasn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:54 pm  ExWhyZed

Oh, also, I don't think that they wore underwear then. Just vests and thin cotton trousers beneath the main one (sorry if you don't want to know...)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:16 pm  Kyon

ExWhyZed wrote:This image...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Meister_des_Jouvenel_des_Ursins_002_detail.jpg
Shows how the rich would have dressed.
Your fucking with me right?
Did you even read a word I said?
Start reading before posting.

ExWhyZed wrote:Also, why don't you make the arms in grey, so that you can colour them for suits like this, for instance you would make the arms green here. (You did say hands were seperate, right?)
- Arms won't be just gray
- yes hands are separate (for the weapon)

ExWhyZed wrote:And also, are different people going to have different faces? Because that one there looks like a hardened warrior, not an aristocrat. And finally, are other characters going to have hair, or just Diuky?
YES Smile

ExWhyZed wrote:For some non-fighting unique characters, you can just draw the standing image, and run that one only, and it would save so much time!
Well, most clothing will be in running jumping and idle cuz I want Diuky to be able to almost buy all the clothes.
So, if you go to a "clothing shop" or whatever, you can buy the clothes the villagers actually wear.
But, yes, what you say, for unique-characters I can do your idea, though, if the character is so important, I guess it animates atleast a bit right? Maybe some unique animations for main character npc'? Like, different "idles", or maybe emotion while talking like in Skipper (but then better).

ExWhyZed wrote:Oh, also, I don't think that they wore underwear then. Just vests and thin cotton trousers beneath the main one (sorry if you don't want to know...)
Read my reply to the first quote.
=_=

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:04 am  George

Haha, this is what happens when Kyon is left with really only XYZ for a few weeks...I haven't posted much haha...

or maybe emotion while talking like in Skipper (but then better).

The one-eye Skipper was brilliant. I loved it. Keep that stuff up.

Zed...you're hopeless...and a few comments away from getting demoted back to "just above Devilfromhost" status...

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:19 am  Kyon

Yeah sure, I will make some 'funny' stuff in the game..

Lol, in Aldezar's castle, aat the point where that deadman lies:
"I fell down here and broke my leg"
"Dirkel's don't have legs do the... Oh wait we have!"

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:30 pm  ExWhyZed

Kyon wrote:
ExWhyZed wrote:This image...
Shows how the rich would have dressed.
Your fucking with me right?
Did you even read a word I said?
Start reading before posting.
I read everything, just assumed that you'd miss out most of the article, so I highlighted that image which would be similar to what you have but with a few very minor changes.

ExWhyZed wrote:Also, why don't you make the arms in grey, so that you can colour them for suits like this, for instance you would make the arms green here. (You did say hands were seperate, right?)
- Arms won't be just gray
- yes hands are separate (for the weapon)
I meant draw them grey and use Game Maker to tint them for sleeves as well as the seperate chain and plate arms.

ExWhyZed wrote:And also, are different people going to have different faces? Because that one there looks like a hardened warrior, not an aristocrat. And finally, are other characters going to have hair, or just Diuky?
YES Smile
Awesome.

ExWhyZed wrote:For some non-fighting unique characters, you can just draw the standing image, and run that one only, and it would save so much time!
Well, most clothing will be in running jumping and idle cuz I want Diuky to be able to almost buy all the clothes.
So, if you go to a "clothing shop" or whatever, you can buy the clothes the villagers actually wear.
But, yes, what you say, for unique-characters I can do your idea, though, if the character is so important, I guess it animates atleast a bit right? Maybe some unique animations for main character npc'? Like, different "idles", or maybe emotion while talking like in Skipper (but then better).
I meant for people like the lieutenant, where they only have one sprite, and they have unique apperarance.

ExWhyZed wrote:Oh, also, I don't think that they wore underwear then. Just vests and thin cotton trousers beneath the main one (sorry if you don't want to know...)
Read my reply to the first quote.
=_=
I know, but it would just add something for little effort.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:50 am  Kyon

ExWhyZed wrote:I read everything, just assumed that you'd miss out most of the article, so I highlighted that image which would be similar to what you have but with a few very minor changes.

ExWhyZed wrote:I meant draw them grey and use Game Maker to tint them for sleeves as well as the seperate chain and plate arms.
Ah like that... and then draw them with different blend modes...
Hmm, this is possible, what if I make 2 different arms, one with clothing, the other with chain on it, both gray, so they can have different colours using blend modes?

ExWhyZed wrote:I meant for people like the lieutenant, where they only have one sprite, and they have unique apperarance.
exactly, for people like that I'm probably going to do that.

ExWhyZed wrote:I know, but it would just add something for little effort.
Yeah, I know, but it's just getting so annoying that everything has to be super realistic for you.
I mean, "I don't think that they wore underwear then" Who the heck would care about that besides you?
If anyone, next to you, says in the Dirkel topic when I released it "they didn't have underwear in that time" you will get 5 dollars from me. lol (this does not include that you asked people to ask it for you =P)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:54 am  Kyon

Btw, this is my to do list:
- Improve the walking animation so that the body doesn't move that much.
- Design HUD + Battle HUD
- Skill system
- Enemy + Damage system

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:17 pm  ExWhyZed

Don't have multicoloured chain mail though! That would look stupid!
Damage formulae idea:

damage = strength*w_damage
enemy_health /*or diuky_health*/ -= damage/2 + ciel(random(damage/2))

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:59 pm  Kyon

THat seriously didn't make any sense lol.
It ain't a good code really sorry.

I think I stick to the old idea.
damage = round(strength/2)+weapondamage
But then better, with maybe critical hits and stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 pm  George

Come on, Kyon...you know why Zed REALLY wants the guy to not have any underwear, don't you?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:03 pm  ExWhyZed

Back to top Go down

TP09

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:29 pm  TP09

Now Dirkels are human, you mustn't forget to put in enough platform elements, so the player doesn't fight all the time. Because that'd get boring quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:42 pm  Kyon

George wrote:Come on, Kyon...you know why Zed REALLY wants the guy to not have any underwear, don't you?
Yeah, I know.
I guess I make Master XYZ nude then.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:47 pm  ExWhyZed

What?!

Oh, and TP, I get bored with platformers that have too many elements and too little plot and fighting. Dirkels isn't "a platformer", it's a game constrained to the platformer medium. It is meant to be somewhat realisitic, and as said before, it will have realistic jumping (unless Kyon changes his mind. Please don't!).

Back to top Go down

TP09

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:28 pm  TP09

Unless Kyon drastically improves the fighting, he'll need put some platforming in...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:49 pm  ExWhyZed

Fighting is completely rebooted.

Back to top Go down

TP09

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 pm  TP09

OK, good. When can we expect a demo?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:15 pm  ExWhyZed

Stop being presumptious, and help him with comments and suggestions based on discussion, and wait the year it'll probably be before we see anything.

Back to top Go down

TP09

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:49 pm  TP09

ExWhyZed wrote:Stop being presumptious...
That's not even a word.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:13 pm  ExWhyZed

presumptuous*

Back to top Go down

TP09

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:56 pm  TP09

I'm not presumptuous... I just want a demo!!!

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum