KE Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11-04-2012

Go down

11-04-2012 Empty 11-04-2012

Not sure why I'm writing this, but I guess after what all you guys did for me, I should let you know that all the work wasn't for nothing. I won't give away too much info, but I'll post here once in a while with some cool pictures and stories about Dirkels.

11-04-2012 R9pg6o

Let me answer some questions for you;
-Yes, I started working on Dirkels again.
-I was gone for so long mostly because of school and no motivation to continue Dirkels again.
-Yes, I am using the same story, but slightly improved.
-Yes, I scrapped the whole "human" idea, I chose to keep it old school "dirkelish".
-The gameplay will be the same like before, not so many changes, except for the battle system.
-Still not sure to keep it a 'free roaming' game, or more 'level-based'.
Kyon
Admin

https://kecreations.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

11-04-2012 :: Comments

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 pm  George

This brings back memories :')

...like constantly clashing with Zed on his insane insistence on historical accuracy. That, I believe, is really why I kept with Dirkels: I didn't want him ruining it lol!

That and I wanted my name in some credits, somewhere :whistles:

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:03 pm  Kyon

Ahahaha indeed indeed, those times were quite fun!
I hope I can finish a demo again soon. Would be great to make Dirkels a bit popular again ^^

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:46 pm  ExWhyZed

As long as it's historically accurate Razz.

I'm glad that you've chosen this route.
For what it's worth, I think that a more free-roaming system which gives some opportunity for a unique experience of the game (karma/kudos-type systems which we used to discuss), even at the potential expense of gameplay hours (which are overrated anyway--if you can make a game which holds your attention for three or four hours and also entertains you, the mechanic has worked. If you make a game which holds the attention for hundreds and hundreds of hours, then you're not contributing to society but to its downfall.

Reading that through, it sounds a lot more serious than I intended it to... It was supposed to be a mirthful if banal jab at the modern entertainment industry, so please treat it as such...

Yours.

Back to top Go down

TP09

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 pm  TP09

Awesome ^^
I've always preferred the older Dirkels to the Humans-version, so I'm glad you've decided to go back to it.

Good luck with it, and don't forget to release it on Android when GM Studio comes out Wink

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down